Sonntag, 22. April 2012

Clear WebConfigModifications using powershell

While playing arround with the SPWebConfigModification Class I added some wrong entries to the web.config. These entries where added every time I activated or deactivated my feature. It seemed the WebConfigModifications of the WebApplication object had some corrupt entries. So I found this blog. David Petersen explains how to clear these WebConfigModifications using code in a console application.

This was very helpfull and solved my Problem. But instead of creating a console application I simply made a PowerShell Script. The code is basically the same but I wanted to add it here for those who are still afraid of using PoweShell. Don't be. Powershell just rocks ;)


$siteUrl = "http://yoursiteurl/";
$site = $gc | Get-SPSite -Identity $siteUrl
[Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebApplication]$webApp = $site.WebApplication
$webApp.WebConfigModifications.Clear();
$webApp.Update();
[Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebService] $service =[Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebService]::ContentService
$service.WebConfigModifications.Clear();
$service.Update();
$service.ApplyWebConfigModifications();


Finally just be careful because this code removes all modifications not only yours. So don’t use it on productive environments.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen