Freitag, 13. April 2012

Alternate Access Mapping not Working in a developper environment


I installed SharePoint 2010 in a virtual machine. I created a WebApplication and a SiteCollection on this WebApplication. Then I extended this WebApplication with a new host Header and a made sure that the bindings in the IIS Settings were set right. Then I created a new Zone and a new Host(A) in the VM DNS Manager. You can find a lot of blogs describing how you need to proceed for this. But the Alternate URL was still not working. And I always got the error Message: 

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

I spend a lot of time searching for the error. Finally I found what I forgot. I admit it's a dumb mistake, but I think the hint could save some time to some people around here:

Don't forget to enter the IP Address of your virtual machine as an alternate DNS Server in your Network Connection Properties:

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen