Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2013

The trial period for this product has expired.

 

Recently after some windows updates i got this error on my SharePoint sites.

image

In the SharePoint Log-files I found this error:

Failure checking user access permissions for User Profile Application Proxy 'User Profile Service Application'. Exception: Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: The trial period for this product has expired.

I found this Blogentry

So I tried first the solution at the end of the article, becose the first one semed to be awkward. I did this

psconfig -cmd secureresources

Still the same error, even after an iisreset and a server restart.

I found there in the comments a link to a technet entry and then found the solution:

Workaround: In central admin go to "Central Admin" => Monitoring => "Review Rule Definitions" => click on "Trial period for this product is about to expire" rule under configuration and edit it. Uncheck the "Enabled" checkbox.

image

image

So I did this.

Still the same error even after iisreset.

So I got back and tried the first Ugly solution.

Still the same error even after iisreset.

In the IIS I found this:

image

So I started the The web Services Application

Still the same error even after iisreset.

And I’m still searching for a solution.

Finally I looked in SharePoint central Administration – Upgrade and Migration - Convert farm license type. And there I found the problem:

image

After an iisreset everything went well.

Sometimes error messages are really what they seems to be. Even Microsoft error Messages.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Finally I looked in SharePoint central Administration – Upgrade and Migration - Convert farm license type. And there I found the problem: ?what the problem u find there how u solve please let me know thanks

    AntwortenLöschen