Montag, 19. September 2011

SharePoint Foundation Search not working

My SharePoint Foundation Search was not working. When I was searching for an Item in a list I was just getting this message "We did not find any results for host."

I started the SharePoint Foundation Search Service on the server.
I added the Managed Account.
And I started the SharePoint Foundation Search Refresh.

But I allways got the same message.

Then I looked  in the Event Viewer and I found following "SharePoint Foundation Search" Warning (Event ID: 14):

The start address sts4://win-u71mv1i4epi/contentdbid={521dee71-a532-4935-b906-5e9ed5f49d33} cannot be crawled.
Context: Application 'Search_index_file_on_the_search_server', Catalog 'Search'
Details:  The object was not found.   (0x80041201)

I found this Forum Entry: Search Problem with SharePoint Foundation on SBS 08
And there I found the source of my Problem: It was the alternate access mapping

here what I got in the central administration.

and here what I had in the IIS Manager

So I needed to add on binding and my problem was resolved. Here what it should look like:

3 Kommentare:

  1. sehr schoen. I had the same issue and in one second fixed

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I found that I had to disable IE ESC on the server.

    Then, use RUN AS to run IE on the server and check that the account used for crawling can access the SP sites.

    If it can't, check that it isn't using a proxy setting.

    AntwortenLöschen